European Users Conference 2020 - Recap
Modeling technology experts present their latest innovations in Nuremberg, Germany
Nuremberg, Germany – More than 20 attendees from numerous countries gathered in Nuremberg, Germany from 02-04 March for the 2020 Third Wave Systems European Users Conference where the latest innovations in modeling technology were shared, concepts were discussed and attendees walked away with new knowledge and information to implement into their machining and machining analysis processes.
In addition to presentations from some of the best AdvantEdge and Production Module users, Third Wave Systems engineers delivered product updates and in-depth technical presentations on the latest tips, tricks and AdvantEdge and Production Module features.
The conference opened with a welcome reception at the Park Plaza Hotel Nuremberg. It gave the attendees and the TWS engineers an ideal opportunity to socialize and discuss what projects the users are currently working on and how Third Wave Systems plans to facilitate them.
On Tuesday evening the conference attendees enjoyed a traditional Bavarian feast at the Goldenes Posthorn which is one of the oldest restaurants in Nuremberg.
Third Wave Systems would like to thank all attendees for a successful 2020 European Users Conference. Plans are being finalized for the next conference in 2021.
2020 European Users Conference Presenters:
- Dr. Reiner Schwablein, GFE – Germany
“Application-oriented manufacture of chip breakers for precision tools”
- Mr. Mattis Lieder, Rolls Royce Deutschland – Germany
“Virtually possible – Load based parameter optimization in machining of critical aero engine components”
- Dr. Mohammad Malekan, Aarhus University – Denmark
“A cutting tool optimization study using AdvantEdge software”
- Mr. Sebastian Kronowiecki, CeramTec GmbH – Germany
“Simulation assisted design of chip breaking geometries on inserts”
- Mr. Rudolf Renner, IMS – Germany
“Optimizing variety of G-code format toolpaths”
- Mr. Saurabh Virkar on behalf of Aerospace & Defence Manufacturing Company – USA
- Mr. Julian Liechti, Liechti Engineering – Switzerland
“Process development on hard to mill single blades at Liechti Engineering”
- Mr. Thibaut Nicoulin, Louis Belet – Switzerland
“Evaluation of drill using simulations for machining of stainless steel”
- Mr. Ante Glavas, iWFT – Germany
“Finite element analysis of the thermal properties of cutting tool coatings”
- Mr. Nishant Saini on behalf of Aerospace Structures – USA
“Driving the machining process with AI Integrated Third Wave Systems”
- Mr. Pulkit Rana, Daimler – Germany
“Use of simulation tools in mass production”